Brushing and flossing your teeth are the simplest ways to keep your mouth, gums, and teeth healthy. It is the simplest way to protect yourself from having invasive and expensive treatments done on your teeth as well.
Brushing your teeth correctly may seem like a basic concept, but there may be some important tips that you aren’t remembering. Follow these tips to ensure that you’re using the right equipment and are caring for your mouth in the right way:
- Use the correct toothbrush – either a powered toothbrush or a small-headed, soft-bristled toothbrush is best
- Use the correct toothpaste – you can speak with our Nebraska dentists about which is best, but choose one that addresses your needs (gingivitis protection, tartar control, whitening, sensitive teeth, etc.)
- Change your brush often enough – change your brush or brush head when it shows wear or every three months, whichever happens first. Also, change it after you’ve been sick.
- Brush long enough – brush twice a day for at least two minutes
- Brush thoroughly – clean the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of every tooth. Gently massage your gums and brush your tongue and even the roof of your mouth.
- Floss daily – clean the areas between your teeth by flossing on a regular basis
Following these simple steps can ensure that you and your family are giving your mouth the care it deserves. This can help keep your teeth clean, healthy, and brilliantly white!
For more information about our Nebraska general dentists, please contact The Dentist of Omaha. We have locations all over Omaha so you’ll never be far from our care.
To schedule an appointment, contact us today call us at 402.445.4647.