If you have chipped, cracked, broken or permanently stained teeth, dental veneers represent an exceptionally effective option. With veneers, our Nebraska patients can once again have a beautiful, white, photogenic smile.
But you might still have questions about veneers. How and why are they so effective? At our office, we are committed to giving you as much information as you need to make an informed decision about your dental needs.
Dental veneers are thin porcelain shells that are firmly bonded to your tooth. It covers the front and top of the tooth and will blend in very well with your natural teeth.
Dental veneers are popular for many reasons, not the least of which is the strength and durability of the veneers. They are made from porcelain, which is exceptionally strong, and they are firmly bonded to your natural tooth. If properly maintained through sound dental hygiene practices, your veneers can last up to a decade.
If you’re a Nebraska resident and have questions about dental veneers or any other service we offer, please call The Dentists today at 402.445.4647 for a consultation and examination.
You may have heard about the many benefits of dental implants, including that they are the best solution for missing or seriously damaged teeth, but questions remain. Our experienced implant dentist knows that any oral surgery is not something to be undertaken without contemplation and education. Here are some of the questions we are commonly asked:
- What is a dental implant? Dental implants can’t be seen once the process is complete, so you may not realize that the implant is a small screw made of titanium that is placed into the jawbone and a post that protrudes through the gum tissue to replace the root and inner portion of your tooth. To replace the visible portion of your tooth, a cap or crown is added.
- How long is the dental implant process? The dental implants process takes place over several months so that your body can heal and the implant can fuse naturally to your jawbone.
- How long do dental implants last? The lifespan of dental implants varies from person to person, but with good care, they can last a lifetime.
- How do I care for my dental implants? Just like your own natural teeth, dental implants need good oral hygiene and regular dental checkups. If any special considerations arise due to injury, genetic history, or nutritional habits, our implant dentist will work with you to develop personalized care recommendations.
- Am I a candidate for dental implants? Dental implants are not for everyone. We will work with you to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants with a thorough consultation. We can recommend alternatives, such as partials, if it is the better option.
To learn more about dental implants, call our dental office at 402.445.4647 to schedule an appointment with an experienced Omaha implant dentist.