July 11th, 2017 by Page1Admin
An experienced cosmetic dentist provides the best possible teeth whitening results. But many people wonder if they can do it themselves. While DIY teeth whitening may work for you, we recommend visiting our cosmetic dentists for a consultation. If you can’t get your teeth as white as you want on your own, we can tell you about our professional options for creating a glamorous smile.
Here are the most common at-home whitening tips you might find on the internet:
- DIY #1: A healthy diet. Eating well is great for the appearance and health of your teeth and gums. A whole foods diet, including plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit, has loads of vitamins and minerals that are essential to the health of your teeth. And healthy teeth are less likely to have decay and other unattractive problems.
- DIY #2: “Oil pulling.” Swishing coconut oil in your mouth for 20 minutes is called oil pulling, and it keeps popping up on DIY teeth whitening blogs across the internet. While it’s probably not harmful, there is little evidence that it does anything to whiten your teeth, and it certainly should not be used as an alternative to brushing and flossing.
- DIY #3: Good dental hygiene. While your at-home hygiene cannot remove stains the way professional teeth whitening does, brushing and flossing helps to prevent stains. It does so by breaking up the bacterial film on your teeth that causes tooth decay. Brushing also removes foods and beverages that stain your teeth, such as red wine, tomato sauce and coffee.
- DIY #4: Teeth whitening strips. Over-the-counter teeth whitening strips are ubiquitous. They’re everywhere – from the ads on television to your local grocery store. Some people are dissatisfied with the results of these strips because they are uneven: The strips are not customized to fit precisely over your teeth.
- DIY #5: Activated charcoal. Activated charcoal seems to be in everything these days, from skincare products to smoothies. Traditionally, activated charcoal has been used to treat people who have been poisoned. The pores of the charcoal absorb poisonous materials, thereby removing them from your body. It is possible that a paste made with water and charcoal, when applied to the surface of your teeth, would bind with stain-causing bacteria; however, there is no evidence proving it.
You deserve to feel great about your smile. Teeth whitening is a simple, fast way to rejuvenate your smile in a dramatic way.
To find out if our Omaha NE teeth whitening services are right for you, please call The Dentists at 402-307-6227.
June 14th, 2017 by Page1Admin
The Dentists are proud to have once again received the honor of inclusion in the Omaha’s Choice Awards. The Omaha World-Herald has recently announced the 2017 winners, and we are one of two dental practices voted as “Omaha’s Choice.”
The fact that people voted for us means so much to our dentists and our entire team. We love coming to work each day because it means we can provide outstanding care and results, and hopefully each guest leaves our office feeling better about their dental health and smile.
As Nebraskans, we are proud to serve people from Omaha and the surrounding areas. We have four office locations to better reach our community. Each practice location has a talented team of dentists and dental professionals committed to achieving your goals.
We offer a full array of dental services, to improve your dental health and smile appearance. We are here to help you choose a treatment plan that will accomplish each of your goals.
To arrange a consultation or appointment with our Omaha’s Choice dentists, please call us at 402-307-6227, or complete the contact form on this page. We look forward to meeting you and discussing your dental goals.
June 7th, 2017 by Page1Admin
Dentistry is a centuries-old field of medicine. In fact, ancient dentistry is said to have occurred as far back as 5000 BC, when a Sumerian text described tooth worms as the cause of decay, according to the American Dental Association. With such a far-reaching history, it’s no wonder that dental myths and fictions abound. Can you identify the dental myth from fact? Take our quiz to find out!
Ready to get the facts on your dental health? In Omaha, The Dentists provide personalized, tailored care. We are passionate about helping you achieve your best oral health. To schedule a consultation, please call our staff at 402-307-6227.
May 24th, 2017 by Page1Admin
Voting for Best Of Omaha™ by Omaha Magazine begins July 1! You can see the full details here. We are so pleased to have been voted Best Family Dentist Office in Omaha for nine years in a row, including for 2017! We are passionate about helping our guests achieve their best smiles and oral health, and we are honored and hope that being voted Best Dentists means we are serving our guests well.
With the summer season around the corner, what are your smile goals this year? Want your pearly whites to look their best in summer snapshots? Consult our dentists to develop a treatment plan. Our experienced dentists can address all cosmetic tooth and smile issues, such as:
- Stained teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Missing teeth
- Decayed teeth
- Overly gummy smile
- Teeth sensitivity
- Gum recession
We are fully committed to and passionate about helping our patients enjoy their very best smiles.
Would you like to schedule a cleaning and exam, or a cosmetic dentistry consultation, with one of our award-winning dentists in Omaha? If so, please call The Dentists staff at 402-307-6227. We have four different locations in the city to better serve your family.
May 11th, 2017 by Page1Admin
In Omaha, the prime farmers’ market season is right around the corner. Late-spring and summer produce from local farms will soon be making an appearance. The caring family dentists at our practice have the following pointers about teeth-healthy farmers’ market selections:
- Kale, collard greens, other leafy greens – Great for your teeth and oral health! Dark, leafy greens are full of vitamins, minerals and calcium, which are all important to strong, healthy teeth and tissues.
- Lemons, limes, strawberries, grapes – Foods like these have relatively high acidity. High acidity in your mouth can erode the enamel on your teeth and leave them more vulnerable to cavities. But these fruits have good-for-you vitamins, minerals and fiber, so what can you do? One tip is to eat an acidic product in one sitting. Don’t snack on it throughout the day. That way, you are limiting the high acidity to a single period of time, after which you can rinse out your mouth.
- Carrots, avocados, cucumbers, apples – These low-acid fruits and veggies are good for your body and for your teeth.
- Dairy products – Love the local dairy products at the market? Dairy is great for your teeth because of the calcium content (and the low acidity). Calcium strengthens the bones beneath your teeth and may help strengthen teeth enamel.
Our dentistry team encourages your family to partake of the variety of healthy, wholesome foods at your local Nebraska farmers’ market this season.
Are you searching for an experienced family dentist in Omaha? To learn more about us and to schedule an appointment, please call The Dentists at 402-307-6227. We have four office locations to better serve people across the city.
March 22nd, 2017 by Page1Admin
Family dentistry is so important to the oral health of every member of your family. But there are a lot of family dentists in the Omaha area. How are you supposed to know which dentist is right for you and your family?
At The Dentists, we have a very simple philosophy: To be a family dentist, you have to be committed to family dentistry. This means we have designed our office to be a safe, warm, welcoming place for children. We show cartoons on the TV in the lobby, and we always talk to children about what they are comfortable with when they sit in the dentist’s chair.
But perhaps most importantly, our dentists are all warm, friendly and personable, and they are all experienced at working with children. We know that children have unique, specific dental needs, and we are committed to working with those needs.
We want our pediatric patients to enjoy lifelong oral health and a great smile. Getting them started off on the right foot – so to speak – goes a long way toward accomplishing this. Schedule your child’s first appointment within 6 months of the appearance of their first tooth.
If you live in or around Omaha, Nebraska and you’re looking for high-quality family dentistry, please call The Dentists. The number for our Hillsborough office is 402-307-6227, but we have four offices across the city to meet your needs.
March 15th, 2017 by Page1Admin
At The Dentists, we offer a range of high-quality dental services to meet all of your oral health needs. But we know that sometimes, your teeth can’t wait for a scheduled appointment. Life happens fast, and pain and discomfort can pop up at any time. Fortunately, our offices are equipped to meet the dental emergencies of Omaha-area residents like you.
Put simply, if you’re suffering from a dental emergency, we can help. Don’t put off coming to one of our offices and getting the care and attention you need. You’re not being a hero by simply dealing with the pain – you’re putting yourself at risk of a much more serious problem down the line.
If you believe your medical problem is life threatening, please call 911 and do not wait to see the dentist.
More often than not, one of our four offices will be able to see you the same day as your emergency. We can help if you’re suffering from:
- A severe toothache
- Jaw pain or discomfort caused by a collision or other trauma
- Chipped or cracked teeth, or a tooth knocked loose
- Problems with your dental work
We can help you by diagnosing your problem and assessing its severity. Once we’ve done that, we’ll move forward with a treatment that will alleviate your symptoms and eliminate your pain. At that point, if a more permanent solution is needed, we’ll work with you to find a day and time that works with your schedule.
If you live in or around Omaha, Nebraska and you have a dental emergency, please call one of our four offices. Our Hillsborough number is 402-307-6227, but we have three other offices available to meet your needs.
February 22nd, 2017 by Page1Admin
Tooth whitening is big business in the US, and it’s easy to understand why. Everyone wants bright, white, photogenic teeth, and many companies have rushed in to try and fill that need. So if you’re an Omaha-area resident looking for high-quality tooth whitening, there are a number of over-the-counter options available to you.
However, the reality is that those options aren’t right for you. For the best possible whitening experience, you should speak to The Dentists and look into our at-home whitening treatment.
Why? It’s quite simple: customization. The whitening products you buy at the drug store are mass produced. That’s the only way these companies can make money. The whitening trays in these products are not going to be custom-designed for the unique shape of your teeth. They might be a little big or a little small or they might not be curved just right.
This means you get uneven whitening. And it means you’re in danger of getting whitening gel on your cheeks, gums and tongue.
By contrast, the at-home tooth whitening treatment we offer provides you with the best of both worlds. Your whitening tray will be custom-crafted after a careful examination of your teeth. This ensures that your whitening tray will fit perfectly.
And, you get the convenience of at-home tooth whitening – you simply fill the trays we provide you with the whitening gel we also provide you, then wear the trays over your teeth for several hours. Results usually become clear after a week or two.
If you live in or around Omaha, Nebraska and you want to learn more about our tooth whitening system, please call The Dentists today at 402-307-6227 for a consultation and examination.
February 15th, 2017 by Page1Admin
At our practice, family dentistry is one of our highest priorities. We know it’s important that the children of our Omaha-area friends and neighbors learn good dental habits as early as possible, so we work hard to ensure our environment is one of relaxation and comfort. Your children will be in good hands when they visit our office.
One of the keys to pediatric dentistry is getting a child into the office at a young age. This helps your child become acclimated to the routines of a dental office and starts them on the path to a lifetime of good oral health habits.
The American Dental Association generally recommends that you bring your child into the office approximately six months after the appearance of his or her first tooth. That first visit should come no later than the child’s first birthday. This might sound awfully early, but tooth decay doesn’t wait – it starts as soon as your child’s teeth come in.
Of course, every child is unique, and our family dentists will work with you to find a time for your child’s first appointment that works with your schedule and allows for the most pleasant and productive visit possible.
If you live in or around Omaha, Nebraska and you want a dental office where family dentistry is a priority, please call The Dentists today at 402-307-6227.
January 26th, 2017 by Page1Admin
There’s no doubt that tooth discoloration is an unpleasant and unsightly cosmetic problem. Stained, yellowed teeth can mar an otherwise healthy smile and sharply impact your self-confidence. And when you’re unwilling to smile for photographs or in personal conversations, it’s easy to come off as unpleasant or sour.
That’s why so many of our Omaha-area patients come to us asking about teeth whitening. Through our safe, proven whitening treatments, we can help you remove stains and improve the appearance of your smile.
Of course, prevention is always a good idea. By understanding the causes of tooth discoloration, you can take steps to prevent it. Some common causes of stained teeth include:
- Many acidic foods, such as certain fruits and vegetables
- Beverages like sodas, juices, coffee, tea and wine
- Poor dental hygiene
- Several diseases
- Some medications, such as tetracycline
Obviously, some of these factors are beyond your control. But there are definitely steps you can take to keep your teeth as white as possible. Limit your consumption of the foods and beverages listed above. Quit smoking – or even better, don’t start in the first place. Practice sound dental hygiene.
Of course, you can do everything right and still find yourself suffering from stained teeth. In these situations, teeth whitening from our experienced dentists can offer an exciting solution.
If you live in or around Omaha, Nebraska and you want to learn more about our teeth whitening options, please call The Dentists today at 402-307-6227 for a consultation and examination.