August 9th, 2017 by Page1Admin
There’s still time to vote for us in The Best of Omaha™ awards! Omaha Magazine has once again included our dental practice as a nominee. You have until August 20 to vote for us over at Omaha Magazine’s website.
We are proud to have won this award 9 years in a row, and we’d love to win it a tenth time. But what we care about most is providing outstanding care and results for our patients every day. The Dentists are local dentists and we are proud to serve Nebraskans. With years of experience, we can address all of your general, cosmetic and restorative dental issues.
These are just several of the many services we offer:
Your unique dental goals are important to us. They form the basis of our care and guide our daily work at the office. Each of our guests has a unique idea of what they want to achieve from dentistry. And we respect that individuality. When you meet with one of our experienced dentists, we will have an in-depth conversation about your objectives and make sure you know all of your treatment options.
To arrange a consultation, please call our experienced staff at 402-307-6227, or complete the contact form on this page. We have four Omaha locations and look forward to meeting you!
July 27th, 2017 by Page1Admin
Maintaining healthy teeth has a number of benefits: a more attractive smile, better overall health, ease of chewing and speaking, gums that don’t bleed, less risk of infection. There are a number of people who don’t practice healthy dental habits, though, which can lead to needing extensive dental treatments to correct painful gum and teeth problems.
We’ve put together this guide to help you make healthy decisions regarding your oral health. Our cosmetic, general, and family dentists have years of experience helping people obtain healthy, beautiful smiles. Come see us in person for more personalized recommendations for your own teeth. Call us at 402-307-6227 to schedule your appointment.
How to Brush and Floss Correctly
Although most people brush their teeth at least once a day, many adults and children don’t know the best ways to get the most out of your brushing. Here’s what you should be doing:
- Brush for at least two minutes, making sure to clean the front, back, and chewing surfaces of all your teeth.
- Brush twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. If you consume a lot of sugary food or drink, consider brushing more often.
- Wait at least 30 minutes after eating or drinking to brush your teeth. Eating and drinking acidic food or drink can soften tooth enamel, and brushing too soon afterwards can speed enamel erosion.
- Supervise your child while they brush their teeth until the age of 7.
- Dental health is important even at a very young age. As soon as teeth start to come in, make sure to take care of those teeth.
Brushing is important, but flossing is just as important. Too many adults and children don’t floss as often as they should, if they floss at all. Flossing helps to remove plaque and food particles between the teeth. If these are not removed, they can lead to tooth decay, which requires composite filling at the best and full tooth extraction at the worst.
Flossing should be done at least once a day, preferably at night before going to bed. It may be painful if you haven’t flossed in a while, but stick it out and after a few days your gums will be used to it. It will be even more painful if you end up with extensive tooth decay, so it’s definitely worth it to stick to a flossing regimen.
The Best Foods for Oral Health
Eating a healthy diet is one of the best things you can do for your teeth. Conversely, eating a diet high in sugar and simple carbs (such as soda, fast food, candy, white bread, and more) is bad for both your teeth and your overall health.
Here are some of the best foods to eat for healthy teeth:
- Leafy greens
- Whole fruits and vegetables
- Plain yogurt
Water is also essential to a healthy and teeth-friendly diet. It doesn’t erode or stain your teeth like soda, wine, tea, and coffee do. It can also be used in place of mouthwash to rinse away loose food particles or residue, and can help rinse acid off the teeth after a meal.
Tea is actually good for general oral health, but it can stain the teeth. If your teeth have been stained from years of drinking coffee, tea, or other dark colored liquids, we offer professional teeth whitening services to help you achieve a bright, white smile again.
Visit Your Dentist Regularly
Regular visits to the dentist are vital for maintaining healthy teeth and gums. A dentist is able to examine your teeth for cavities, decay, infection, and other potential problems. They can deep clean your teeth professionally, and eliminate plaque build-up. Plus, they’ll check your mouth for signs of cancer and perform X-rays to make sure your teeth are in good shape.
If you have tooth decay, it can cause serious problems if left untreated. Minor cavities can often be treated easily with a dental inlay such as composite fillings; however, larger areas of decay may require a root canal and dental crown. If the decay is so bad that most of the tooth is affected, you may need a dental extraction.
Services that The Dentists offer include:
We also offer emergency dental services if you have a dental issue in immediate need of attention.
Start Good Dental Health Habits Young
Great dental health starts when you are a child. If children are raised to practice good oral hygiene and not fear the dentist, they will have much better oral health as they become adults. We recommend the following tips for helping children maintain strong teeth:
- Brush your child’s teeth for them using a small brush with soft bristles until they are old enough to handle the toothbrush themselves. Continue to supervise for a few years at least.
- Feed your child a wholesome and healthy diet. Occasional treats are okay, but make sure they brush and floss properly afterwards.
- Take your child to the dentist as early as possible. Prepare them for the visit by explaining what they should expect and why they are going.
- Maintain a regular, long-term dental checkup schedule.
Here at The Dentists, we’ll help your child acclimate by showing them around the office, explaining the tools we use, and providing toys for them to play with. In most cases, parents are welcome to accompany their child into the treatment room as well.
Our family dentists are experienced with caring for children and their teeth, and will do their best to help your child have a relaxing and enjoyable experience.
Schedule Your Appointment With The Dentists Today
Whether you have perfect teeth and just need to maintain your smile, have a major dental problem, are looking for a dentist to bring your kids to, or even just want to fix a cosmetic problem, The Dentists are here to help.
Call us at 402-307-6227 to schedule your appointment today. We have four locations around Omaha, Nebraska and we are ready to help you obtain a healthy and beautiful smile.
July 11th, 2017 by Page1Admin
An experienced cosmetic dentist provides the best possible teeth whitening results. But many people wonder if they can do it themselves. While DIY teeth whitening may work for you, we recommend visiting our cosmetic dentists for a consultation. If you can’t get your teeth as white as you want on your own, we can tell you about our professional options for creating a glamorous smile.
Here are the most common at-home whitening tips you might find on the internet:
- DIY #1: A healthy diet. Eating well is great for the appearance and health of your teeth and gums. A whole foods diet, including plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit, has loads of vitamins and minerals that are essential to the health of your teeth. And healthy teeth are less likely to have decay and other unattractive problems.
- DIY #2: “Oil pulling.” Swishing coconut oil in your mouth for 20 minutes is called oil pulling, and it keeps popping up on DIY teeth whitening blogs across the internet. While it’s probably not harmful, there is little evidence that it does anything to whiten your teeth, and it certainly should not be used as an alternative to brushing and flossing.
- DIY #3: Good dental hygiene. While your at-home hygiene cannot remove stains the way professional teeth whitening does, brushing and flossing helps to prevent stains. It does so by breaking up the bacterial film on your teeth that causes tooth decay. Brushing also removes foods and beverages that stain your teeth, such as red wine, tomato sauce and coffee.
- DIY #4: Teeth whitening strips. Over-the-counter teeth whitening strips are ubiquitous. They’re everywhere – from the ads on television to your local grocery store. Some people are dissatisfied with the results of these strips because they are uneven: The strips are not customized to fit precisely over your teeth.
- DIY #5: Activated charcoal. Activated charcoal seems to be in everything these days, from skincare products to smoothies. Traditionally, activated charcoal has been used to treat people who have been poisoned. The pores of the charcoal absorb poisonous materials, thereby removing them from your body. It is possible that a paste made with water and charcoal, when applied to the surface of your teeth, would bind with stain-causing bacteria; however, there is no evidence proving it.
You deserve to feel great about your smile. Teeth whitening is a simple, fast way to rejuvenate your smile in a dramatic way.
To find out if our Omaha NE teeth whitening services are right for you, please call The Dentists at 402-307-6227.
June 14th, 2017 by Page1Admin
The Dentists are proud to have once again received the honor of inclusion in the Omaha’s Choice Awards. The Omaha World-Herald has recently announced the 2017 winners, and we are one of two dental practices voted as “Omaha’s Choice.”
The fact that people voted for us means so much to our dentists and our entire team. We love coming to work each day because it means we can provide outstanding care and results, and hopefully each guest leaves our office feeling better about their dental health and smile.
As Nebraskans, we are proud to serve people from Omaha and the surrounding areas. We have four office locations to better reach our community. Each practice location has a talented team of dentists and dental professionals committed to achieving your goals.
We offer a full array of dental services, to improve your dental health and smile appearance. We are here to help you choose a treatment plan that will accomplish each of your goals.
To arrange a consultation or appointment with our Omaha’s Choice dentists, please call us at 402-307-6227, or complete the contact form on this page. We look forward to meeting you and discussing your dental goals.
June 7th, 2017 by Page1Admin
Dentistry is a centuries-old field of medicine. In fact, ancient dentistry is said to have occurred as far back as 5000 BC, when a Sumerian text described tooth worms as the cause of decay, according to the American Dental Association. With such a far-reaching history, it’s no wonder that dental myths and fictions abound. Can you identify the dental myth from fact? Take our quiz to find out!
Ready to get the facts on your dental health? In Omaha, The Dentists provide personalized, tailored care. We are passionate about helping you achieve your best oral health. To schedule a consultation, please call our staff at 402-307-6227.
May 24th, 2017 by Page1Admin
Voting for Best Of Omaha™ by Omaha Magazine begins July 1! You can see the full details here. We are so pleased to have been voted Best Family Dentist Office in Omaha for nine years in a row, including for 2017! We are passionate about helping our guests achieve their best smiles and oral health, and we are honored and hope that being voted Best Dentists means we are serving our guests well.
With the summer season around the corner, what are your smile goals this year? Want your pearly whites to look their best in summer snapshots? Consult our dentists to develop a treatment plan. Our experienced dentists can address all cosmetic tooth and smile issues, such as:
- Stained teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Missing teeth
- Decayed teeth
- Overly gummy smile
- Teeth sensitivity
- Gum recession
We are fully committed to and passionate about helping our patients enjoy their very best smiles.
Would you like to schedule a cleaning and exam, or a cosmetic dentistry consultation, with one of our award-winning dentists in Omaha? If so, please call The Dentists staff at 402-307-6227. We have four different locations in the city to better serve your family.
May 11th, 2017 by Page1Admin
In Omaha, the prime farmers’ market season is right around the corner. Late-spring and summer produce from local farms will soon be making an appearance. The caring family dentists at our practice have the following pointers about teeth-healthy farmers’ market selections:
- Kale, collard greens, other leafy greens – Great for your teeth and oral health! Dark, leafy greens are full of vitamins, minerals and calcium, which are all important to strong, healthy teeth and tissues.
- Lemons, limes, strawberries, grapes – Foods like these have relatively high acidity. High acidity in your mouth can erode the enamel on your teeth and leave them more vulnerable to cavities. But these fruits have good-for-you vitamins, minerals and fiber, so what can you do? One tip is to eat an acidic product in one sitting. Don’t snack on it throughout the day. That way, you are limiting the high acidity to a single period of time, after which you can rinse out your mouth.
- Carrots, avocados, cucumbers, apples – These low-acid fruits and veggies are good for your body and for your teeth.
- Dairy products – Love the local dairy products at the market? Dairy is great for your teeth because of the calcium content (and the low acidity). Calcium strengthens the bones beneath your teeth and may help strengthen teeth enamel.
Our dentistry team encourages your family to partake of the variety of healthy, wholesome foods at your local Nebraska farmers’ market this season.
Are you searching for an experienced family dentist in Omaha? To learn more about us and to schedule an appointment, please call The Dentists at 402-307-6227. We have four office locations to better serve people across the city.
March 22nd, 2017 by Page1Admin
Family dentistry is so important to the oral health of every member of your family. But there are a lot of family dentists in the Omaha area. How are you supposed to know which dentist is right for you and your family?
At The Dentists, we have a very simple philosophy: To be a family dentist, you have to be committed to family dentistry. This means we have designed our office to be a safe, warm, welcoming place for children. We show cartoons on the TV in the lobby, and we always talk to children about what they are comfortable with when they sit in the dentist’s chair.
But perhaps most importantly, our dentists are all warm, friendly and personable, and they are all experienced at working with children. We know that children have unique, specific dental needs, and we are committed to working with those needs.
We want our pediatric patients to enjoy lifelong oral health and a great smile. Getting them started off on the right foot – so to speak – goes a long way toward accomplishing this. Schedule your child’s first appointment within 6 months of the appearance of their first tooth.
If you live in or around Omaha, Nebraska and you’re looking for high-quality family dentistry, please call The Dentists. The number for our Hillsborough office is 402-307-6227, but we have four offices across the city to meet your needs.
March 15th, 2017 by Page1Admin
At The Dentists, we offer a range of high-quality dental services to meet all of your oral health needs. But we know that sometimes, your teeth can’t wait for a scheduled appointment. Life happens fast, and pain and discomfort can pop up at any time. Fortunately, our offices are equipped to meet the dental emergencies of Omaha-area residents like you.
Put simply, if you’re suffering from a dental emergency, we can help. Don’t put off coming to one of our offices and getting the care and attention you need. You’re not being a hero by simply dealing with the pain – you’re putting yourself at risk of a much more serious problem down the line.
If you believe your medical problem is life threatening, please call 911 and do not wait to see the dentist.
More often than not, one of our four offices will be able to see you the same day as your emergency. We can help if you’re suffering from:
- A severe toothache
- Jaw pain or discomfort caused by a collision or other trauma
- Chipped or cracked teeth, or a tooth knocked loose
- Problems with your dental work
We can help you by diagnosing your problem and assessing its severity. Once we’ve done that, we’ll move forward with a treatment that will alleviate your symptoms and eliminate your pain. At that point, if a more permanent solution is needed, we’ll work with you to find a day and time that works with your schedule.
If you live in or around Omaha, Nebraska and you have a dental emergency, please call one of our four offices. Our Hillsborough number is 402-307-6227, but we have three other offices available to meet your needs.
February 22nd, 2017 by Page1Admin
Tooth whitening is big business in the US, and it’s easy to understand why. Everyone wants bright, white, photogenic teeth, and many companies have rushed in to try and fill that need. So if you’re an Omaha-area resident looking for high-quality tooth whitening, there are a number of over-the-counter options available to you.
However, the reality is that those options aren’t right for you. For the best possible whitening experience, you should speak to The Dentists and look into our at-home whitening treatment.
Why? It’s quite simple: customization. The whitening products you buy at the drug store are mass produced. That’s the only way these companies can make money. The whitening trays in these products are not going to be custom-designed for the unique shape of your teeth. They might be a little big or a little small or they might not be curved just right.
This means you get uneven whitening. And it means you’re in danger of getting whitening gel on your cheeks, gums and tongue.
By contrast, the at-home tooth whitening treatment we offer provides you with the best of both worlds. Your whitening tray will be custom-crafted after a careful examination of your teeth. This ensures that your whitening tray will fit perfectly.
And, you get the convenience of at-home tooth whitening – you simply fill the trays we provide you with the whitening gel we also provide you, then wear the trays over your teeth for several hours. Results usually become clear after a week or two.
If you live in or around Omaha, Nebraska and you want to learn more about our tooth whitening system, please call The Dentists today at 402-307-6227 for a consultation and examination.